Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Flutterby Butterfly - a crochet photo tutorial

Did you see my Flowers & Flutterbys Crochet Wreath?  Click HERE and HERE for that post.

Well, the Flutterby Butterfly was designed as a special motif just for that project, but it's so cute, I'm sure there are many places a crochet butterfly motif would be perfect.


So - here begins a step by step photo tutorial that you can follow to make your own Flutterbys!











Here's how it looks close up on the F&F wreath.


You can find THIS tutorial and others also on my ravelry design page.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are so much fun. Thank you for the wonderful tutorial.

-Bobbi

Unknown said...

Hi
I love the wreath and the flowers, but the flutterbys are not working for me. Is there a missing picture, between Round 1 complete and sl st in second sc of 3sc made between 5ch and 3ch loop?
The pics seem to show the second colour goes all the way round, but the instructions dont seem to put 10sc in the first 5ch loop.
Is it me ?
kate

Sherrie said...

Kate (you are set as NO REPLY so I couldn't respond to you directly). You are correct that my instructions on that round aren't clear and sort of miss the fact that in round two, there are 2 ch3 loops and 2 ch5 loops... make 6sc into each ch3 loop (slip stitch between the two loops) and make 10sc into each ch5 loop (slip stitch between the two loops). I think I failed to indicate that the 10sc should also be made into the second of the two ch5 loops from round 1. That should bring you all the way back to the start of the round (the round in my photos that shows the orange yarn). I hope this helps. If it doesn't, please comment again and leave me a way to email you directly.

Jennifer said...

Lovely blog youu have here

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...