Wednesday, July 16, 2014

TaDah Moment for Marinke Slump Bag

I've finished a project.  I know, right?  Yes, I seem to start a lot of things but not finish them.  But not this time.  I participated in a Crochet-A-Long with Wink over at her blog, A Creative Being.  Seeing the other people who were participating actual finish their projects really helped.  I added my bag photos after the competition date, but I am not a competitor so I would not have entered anyway.  I do really love the bag design that won tho.  If you missed my introductory post about this bag, you can read it here: 

Here is a link to my bag project on ravelry.

So here is my Marinke Slump Bag.


Yes - I made this.  Can you believe it?  To me, it looks so real.

I love the stitch that looks like knitting - a new stitch for me, easy and will be used again.


I love the cord I made to weave through as a drawstring.  It's made of six strands of bulky acrylic yarn braided together.

I love that my bag has a lining AND that I created the lining pattern and sewed it up myself.



I love that the bag has awesome sturdy handles that are the perfect length and that I made them up and sewed them myself as well.



This was a lot of fun to create.  Now I cannot WAIT to use it out in the world.

Hope you enjoy my creation.  Sher

One more photo before the drawstring was added so you can see the weaving holes.  I created those by crocheting around some metal key ring circles.


6 comments:

Auntie Jeannie said...

Awesome. Totally fabulous! Great job. Congratulations!

Amy Rehkemper, CPO said...

Majorly cool! I want one!!

Sher said...

Gotta love all the family comment support!

Amy at love made my home said...

It is fantastic Sher! I love the colour combination and the fact that you used them all in the tie for the top! Happy carrying things around. xx

Ana Love Craft said...

Hi Sher! Your bag is really gorgeous and perfect for summer!Enjoy it :)
Hope you have a wonderful day!
Hugs from Portugal,
Ana Love Craft
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

gelincik zamanı said...

I love this colorful bag, thanks for share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...