Friday, April 8, 2016

Crushing on Roasted Garbanzos!

http://flythecoopcrafts.blogspot.com/2016/04/crushing-on-roasted-garbanzos.html


Hey Folks - Anyone still out there remember me? It's been SEVEN MONTHS since I've posted here.  So let's get right to it.  Lately I've been obsessed with Roasted Garbanzos.  Here's how I make them (photos first then explanation).














Set oven to 400 degrees F.

Rinse and drain beans (I used two cans for this batch).

Drizzle with oil of your choice (I used Olive Oil).  I didn't measure...all the beans should be lightly coated but not swimming in oil.

Add spices of your choice.  My favorite combo is Sea Salt, Granulated Garlic and Cayenne.  (I've tried tons of other options including curry and Italian herb, etc).  I sprinkle on the spices, taste, sprinkle some more, taste... that's my measuring method.

Toss beans in the oil and spices to coat.

Dump onto a baking pan.  I like to cover mine with parchment paper. Spread out into one layer.

Set oven for 15 minutes.  After 15 minutes, pull the pan out and giggle it around or toss them with a utensil so that they roll around a bit.  You will see they have lost some of their oily shine and perhaps shrunk a bit which is what you want.

Add another 15 minutes to the timer.  Pull out and check again.  They will look smaller, darker and they will feel harder.  I don't mind having some really crunchy and others cruchy-ish but if you want them all crunchy, you might need another 5 or ten mins.  Try not to let them burn.

Remove from the oven.  Try one... if the flavor is the way you like it, you are done.  Often times, I find they need a light dose of one or more spices while they are still warm from the oven.  I sprinkle a bit more of whatever is lacking, toss them on the pan and let them cool a bit.

I pickup the sides of the parchment and form a bit of a funnel shape to pour the beans off into a bowl.

Now - enjoy their gorgeous roasty color and see if you can keep your hands out of the bowl!

NOTE: they are beans... and they taste like a snack but they will still do all the things beans do (you know what I'm talking about), so keep that in mind.  Delish! Pair with a beverage or a tall glass of water, you'll need it!

Enjoy - Cheers! Sher

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...